Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Language on IP Communicator

JJZAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got an issue with the language of ip comm, I  download the spanish locale and install it. I set to all my devices User  Locale = Español, Republica de Colombia. But when I open my  ipcommunicator, it shows the downloading language locale and "finish ok"  but when it is registering it shows the softkeys in English. I take a  look into the device configuration and in option 14 User Locale still  remains English_United_States.

I tried to do the first install through cmd:

c:\ Msiexec.exe /i CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.msi /qb+ TRANSFORMS="Spanish.mst"

And it seems to install ok, never show error or message prompt. But the only difference I saw is the top menus in spanish, the device settings, softkey.. etc reamins in english.

I also tried to change the regedit values of ipcomm in  device.settings.config.localization.userlocale to Spanish_Colombia and  device.settings.config.localization.userlocale.languagecode to es_CO but  when I restart the ipcomm the values turn back to English.

CUCM: 8.5.1.10000-26

Locale: cm-locale-es_CO-8.5.1.2100-1.cop

IPCOmm: 8.6.1.0

Any idea?? thanks!!

2 Replies 2

carlos_canepa_2
Level 1
Level 1

I´m having the same issue, which version of ipcomm are you using?

My version is 7.0.3.0

Do you get it working?

regards

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

The language config comes from CUCM. First be sure that is properly configured in the device in CUCM and apply, reset, restart, you know.

Then, I found a problem once when my communicator did not download locales because the pc had a proxy. Remove any proxy in your inet browsers and retest.

Hope this helps.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App