Helpful
Replies

Change sAMAccountName in AD, sync with CUCM

Frank den Haan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Using CUCM 9.1 and IM and Presence 9.1

We are renaming several sAMAccountName's in Active Directory (AD) from, for example, jsmith to john.smith.

When testing a few of these out by changing them manually in AD, it looks like the following sequence is happening. Assume the LDAP sync is set in CUCM to happen every night at 1:00am:

Thur Feb 5 - 4:00pm - change AD username from jsmith  to john.smith

Fri Feb 6 - 1:00am - automatic LDAP sync in CUCM (jsmith user account marked as Inactive in CUCM)
Fri Feb 6 - 3:15am - garbage collection process (jsmith not deleted - need to wait at least 24 hours)

Sat Feb 7 - 1:00am - automatic LDAP sync in CUCM (jsmith user account still seen as Inactive CUCM)
Sat Feb 7 - 3:15am - garbage collection process (jsmith deleted)

Sun Feb 8 - 1:00am - john.smith synced up to CUCM. Have to associate all phone devices again, etc.

So it's basically a new user account that does not sync up until the old username is deleted from CUCM.

Based on what I am reading in SRND 9.0, this is behaving as designed. However, the pain point here is these users have to wait 2-3 days to login to Jabber again.

Is there a way around this or am I missing something here?

Thank you,

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Although I havent tried this but you could try converting jsmith to a local user, change user ID to  john.smith and force a LDAP sync from System -> LDAP Synchronization. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Although I havent tried this but you could try converting jsmith to a local user, change user ID to  john.smith and force a LDAP sync from System -> LDAP Synchronization. 

Please rate useful posts.

Hey George,

Nice suggestion. That worked great! All device associations and owner user IDs synced up as well.

Cheers,
Frank

Great point  George (+5)!