Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Call manager maintainance

Dear Friends,

I have a MCS-7835 call manager server,with 80GB HDD capacity,in which nearly 60gb space is occupied with call manager soft and lots of log file for last 1yr.Can anone suggest me which files are to be deleted for freeing the HDD space.

Regards,

kumarjeet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kumarjeet

From http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa174538(SQL.80).aspx

If log records were never deleted from the transaction log, the logical log would grow until it filled all the available space on the disks holding the physical log files. At some point in time, old log records no longer necessary for recovering or restoring a database must be deleted to make way for new log records. The process of deleting these log records to reduce the size of the logical log is called truncating the log

This said, it is very important to keep a backup of your system at any stage. Hence installing and taking backup with BARS should be your first step.

Truncating of logs would not be deleting any CDR records as such.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kumarjeet

It could be the CDR/ART log files. Try the following commands :

C:\>osql -E

1> use art

2> go

1> backup log art with no_log

2> go

1> dbcc shrinkdatabase (art)

2> go

C:\>osql -E

1> use cdr

2> go

1> backup log cdr with no_log

2> go

1> dbcc shrinkdatabase (cdr)

2> go

hi Behram,

Thanks a lot for the solution.But i havent done the process yet which u have suggested ,as i have few more queries,such as I havnt installed the BARS for backup.What would be the consequence if i shrink ithe CDR/CAR file without taking the backup.I am also running a third party call billing software on another server which extrects the Call deatils.

Your valuable suggestion will promt me to go ahead with the process u have suggested.

Thanks and regards,

Kumarjeet Acharya

Hi Kumarjeet

From http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa174538(SQL.80).aspx

If log records were never deleted from the transaction log, the logical log would grow until it filled all the available space on the disks holding the physical log files. At some point in time, old log records no longer necessary for recovering or restoring a database must be deleted to make way for new log records. The process of deleting these log records to reduce the size of the logical log is called truncating the log

This said, it is very important to keep a backup of your system at any stage. Hence installing and taking backup with BARS should be your first step.

Truncating of logs would not be deleting any CDR records as such.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: