Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Callmanager: unable to delete a server

albert.coll
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I 'm unable to delete a server as part of a CCM cluster version 3.1(4b) reconfiguration.

First, I removed all services associated to this server, then, all services parameters related to this server. I also removed it from all callamanger groups and from the call manager list (system --> cisco callmanager)

But whenever i try to delete the server (system --> server <delete>), a popup window with the text "This server cannot be deleted. 1 devices are using it." comes up in the screen.

But devices are associated with device pools which, in turn, are associated with call manager groups, none of them contains in its selected callmanager list the server to be deleted.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

This is a tricky one. but after many adds and removes of server, you will find, it order to delete a CCM server from a cluster, you need to delete the following:

all call manager services related to that server (be careful here)

all conference bridges (software CFBs)

all mtp's (software MTPs)

all call park numbers associated with that server

once all references to the server yuou wish to delete are removed, you will probably have to reset your device pools to make sure no devices are registered to that server. at this point, you may delete the server. give your publisher a min to make sure all the SQL process are complete before proceding.

Regards,

Todd

View solution in original post

ssmeltzer
Level 1
Level 1

Check Music On Hold (MOH) services as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

This is a tricky one. but after many adds and removes of server, you will find, it order to delete a CCM server from a cluster, you need to delete the following:

all call manager services related to that server (be careful here)

all conference bridges (software CFBs)

all mtp's (software MTPs)

all call park numbers associated with that server

once all references to the server yuou wish to delete are removed, you will probably have to reset your device pools to make sure no devices are registered to that server. at this point, you may delete the server. give your publisher a min to make sure all the SQL process are complete before proceding.

Regards,

Todd

ssmeltzer
Level 1
Level 1

Check Music On Hold (MOH) services as well.

Thank you very much to all of you:

There were effectively two entries in "cisco Webattendant" and "Conference bridge" respectively which were pointing to this server.

Moreover, there was also a Music on Hold entry wich was referencing this server.

After removing all of them, i could delete the server.

Kind regards

Albert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: