cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codec C40 h323 service turns off after a reboot.

aapanora
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco Codec C40 h323 service  turns off after a reboot. I have turned on the service and save it, but it will turn off after a reboot. I need this h323 service to stay on even after a reboot. Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

aateek singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi aapanora

Have you tried these commands?

To shut down or enable VoIP services on a Cisco gateway, use the following commands beginning in global configuration mode.
SUMMARY STEPS
1.    voice service voip 
2.    h323 
3.    no shutdown forced 
4.    exit 

Reference
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/lanswitch/configuration/guide/lsw_cfg_gecvlan_ps9587_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Regards
Aateek Singh
Network Engineer
Spooster IT Services

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Other Collaboration section you've posted in.  I'd suggest you move your discussion if your question is not answered below.

You don't mention anything about your environment or what type of call control you are using.  If you are using your C40 with a CUCM, it will always be forced to SIP only (H.323 disabled) by CUCM on a reboot.  This is by design and mentioned in the Release Notes:

When using CUCM provisioning, the endpoint cannot register to a VCS (SIP or H323) at the same time. This use-case is not supported by Cisco. When CUCM provisioning is active, H323 mode is disabled. Cisco recommends TelePresence customers to migrate from H323 to SIP.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: