cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM Licenses

moman62
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am seeking some information because I'm about to purchase some CUCM licenses from a cisco certified vendor for (5) phones and wanted to know that once I purchase the licenses, would I be able to download the CUCM software to use in a live environment?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

You stated you are buying phone licenses.  If you want the CUCM software then you will need to purchase it.  You cannot just download it.  The licenses for the phones will be sent to your email with instructions how to add them to your License Manager or Smart Account if you have 12.x.

View solution in original post

You should discuss the details with the reseller, but if you purchase a set of CUWL licenses with applicable smartnet, you should be setup with a contract ID where you can utilize PUT and TAC to acquire the licensed software installation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

You stated you are buying phone licenses.  If you want the CUCM software then you will need to purchase it.  You cannot just download it.  The licenses for the phones will be sent to your email with instructions how to add them to your License Manager or Smart Account if you have 12.x.

Ok, so I would have to purchase the software from the reseller as well?

You should discuss the details with the reseller, but if you purchase a set of CUWL licenses with applicable smartnet, you should be setup with a contract ID where you can utilize PUT and TAC to acquire the licensed software installation.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: