Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DME 1100 not booting

michaelrr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

We have a Cisco DME 1100 that is not booting up.

It started by freezing once or twice at which point I rebooted it whch got it working but now the unit does not boot up at all. If I apply power and toggle the state the LCD screen comes on with info stating 'booting...' but just goes no where. If I connect a monitor to it, it does not display anything as well as it constantly makes a beeping tone...

Is there anything I can try to reset the unit or what this could mean?

The last time I got any screen image out of the unit it was displaying the following information:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

C:\Windows\System32\Config\System" - This can only be bad...

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Ok so after some investigation we found that the DME runs Windows Embedded as its OS.

We managed to get a copy of the OS and performed a windows repair using an external USB DVD drive.

The DME is now back up and running.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marco Cassini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

If the unit is not showing anything at all when connecting screen/keyboards, there won't be much more investigation possible. Likely the HW has gone bad and you will have to replace it.

Regards,

Marco

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Ok so after some investigation we found that the DME runs Windows Embedded as its OS.

We managed to get a copy of the OS and performed a windows repair using an external USB DVD drive.

The DME is now back up and running.