cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Emergency Responder - Understanding Alerts

ceaser333
Level 1
Level 1

I've finished configured CER in our environment, everything works and routes to 911 properly.

Before rolling it out to the rest of the organization I need to configure alerts for security. Email alerts work fine, but can someone help me understand how the phone alerts are supposed to work? Right now, it can dial a cell phone and when the cell phone picks up nothing is heard - it's just dead air. I was hoping that the cell phone recipient would hear a description of the alert or something, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do (the documentation, to me, doesn't seem clear). Can someone help?

1 Reply 1

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

@ceaser333 As soon as you pick up the phone, you should hear something like "Extesnion XXXX is in Emergency. See the Web Interface for more information" blah blah blah.  

The fact that your cellphone receives the call means that the CER phone notification piece works, but the no audio issue is related to either region settings in CUCM, or codec/media binding issues on the CUBE side.  

Just to test, can you replace the cell phone number with an IP Phone extension and see if there is audio?