Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Enterprise Attendant Console 8.0 - Second Console Queue

dynacare1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

We have 1 reception console in the head office and we want to setup 2nd reception console in different location (London).

we have 2 operators license on CUEAC, I setup second operator with a seperat queue. We want to redirect the calls to London auto attendant (unity) when the second console is not "logged in" or busy. Right now they both are going to head office auto attendant in the Unity.

Is it possible to keep them seperate so each queue can point to its prompts in the Unity?

Thanks

Sunny

9 Replies 9

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Sunny,

Each queue has it's own No Operator overflow configuration, you just need to configure this to go to the required destination for each queue.

Jamie

Operator overflow and Night serviice is working fine, its when the call is presented to the London console and if console dont answer the call it goes to head office auto attendant. I see CT Gateway Device DN has option No Answer to send to head office auto attendant  number. I can see both queues are using the same CT Gateway Devices which has "No Answer" option set to head office auto attendant.

how can i seperate or if the call is not asnwered it should send back to CTI Route No Answer option?

thanks for your help

I found the answer of my question, the version we are running does not support individual separate queue setup.

"In CUEAC it is possble to create multiple queues (up to 50) and each  queue has it's own CTI Route Point. However, what you are referring too  is the use of CTI Ports which are used for placing calls on hold, call  park and transferring calls.

The  CTI Ports in the current release are a shared pool of devices, meaning  that the devices use a specific Calling Search Space, Partition, Music  on Hold source and other properties.

We  understand that there are some setups where different queues maybe  handled by different operators in different locations and in this  particular setup you require calls into the different locations to use  there own CTI Ports so you can use a specific CSS/PTN etc for that site.

As  a result of feedback from customers, version 9 of CUEAC which is  currently scheduled for release on June 28th will have the ability to  create what we call Queue Device Groups. You will be able to create up  to 20 groups and within each group you can have your own CTI Ports which  can have there individual settings, you then assign this group to a  queue or multiple queues. When a call now routes to a queue, it will use  a CTI Ports which is assigned to the group which is assigned to that  queue.

There  is a consideration when planning to implement using queue device  groups, currently (and including V9), it is only possible to control a  maximum of 255 CTI Ports per CUEAC server (CTI Route Points are not  included in that number). What you need to work out is how many of each  device type is needed in each group and if you end up with more than 255  then you will need to consider reducing the amount of devices in each  group or plan on deploying a second server - we do have plans to change  that limit but I could not advise when that would be at this time.

Having  said all this, if you cannot wait for this release then the only option  would be to implement multiple servers in order to use unique settings  on CTI Ports for each location.

Hi,

That is not strictly true.

You have configured call forwards on the CTI Ports, you do not need to do this. You can simply configure the call wait time overflow which will do the same thing but be a per queue basis.

The Queue Device Groups you are reffering to allow different CSS, Partition, MoH confguration.

Hello Jamie,

First of all thanks for your help!!!

Where will I configure Call wait time overflow?

I see your another post:

May 17, 2012 1:38 PM                             (in response to bingzaballa)

Ask the Expert:Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles

Hi Bing,

In  CUEAC it is possble to create multiple queues (up to 50) and each queue  has it's own CTI Route Point. However, what you are referring too is  the use of CTI Ports which are used for placing calls on hold, call park  and transferring calls.

The  CTI Ports in the current release are a shared pool of devices, meaning  that the devices use a specific Calling Search Space, Partition, Music  on Hold source and other properties.

We  understand that there are some setups where different queues maybe  handled by different operators in different locations and in this  particular setup you require calls into the different locations to use  there own CTI Ports so you can use a specific CSS/PTN etc for that site.

As  a result of feedback from customers, version 9 of CUEAC which is  currently scheduled for release on June 28th will have the ability to  create what we call Queue Device Groups. You will be able to create up  to 20 groups and within each group you can have your own CTI Ports which  can have there individual settings, you then assign this group to a  queue or multiple queues. When a call now routes to a queue, it will use  a CTI Ports which is assigned to the group which is assigned to that  queue.

There  is a consideration when planning to implement using queue device  groups, currently (and including V9), it is only possible to control a  maximum of 255 CTI Ports per CUEAC server (CTI Route Points are not  included in that number). What you need to work out is how many of each  device type is needed in each group and if you end up with more than 255  then you will need to consider reducing the amount of devices in each  group or plan on deploying a second server - we do have plans to change  that limit but I could not advise when that would be at this time.

Having  said all this, if you cannot wait for this release then the only option  would be to implement multiple servers in order to use unique settings  on CTI Ports for each location.

I hope this helps

Jamie

No problem, glad to help.

In the Web Admin you go to General Configuration --> Queue Management, find and select your queue and then configure Wait time overflow.

i dont have this option, I am running System Version: 8.0.0.5. Does that mean I have to upgrade? I was looking into upgrading to version 9 but I am not sure if the upgrade is free and if there will be any issue upgrading.

That explains why you do not have the option

If you have a UCSS contract you can upgrade for free and go through PUT to obtain a new license, if you do not have a UCSS contract you will need to purchase an a la carte upgrade.

You could however upgrade to 8.6, this is free whether or not you have UCSS and you do not need a new license (unless you do it on new hardware) and this release has the overflow option you need.

The upgrade is pretty painless and is just an over the top install, the software does the rest. The same for the client as well, just install over the top.

You can get the software from www.cisco.com/go/ac

I have upgraded to version 8.6, after the upgrade I was able to connect and test the console but now web admin is showing Unified Attendant Server status "Unknown State". I have followed these instructions but still same state.

"This usually means that a registry setting on the server is wrong - possibly due to an installation error.

Please check the following registry keys - they should be the IP Address of your CUEAC Server (not your CUCM)

HKLM>Software>Arc Solutions>Call Connect>Defaults>Server Name "

Should I reinstall?