cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Cisco IP Communicator in the past, and have it working. Now I installed again on another machine, and the IP Communicator Phone appears with nothing on the LCD.

However, when I log into the same PC as an administrator, IP Communicator works well. But loggin with the user ID, gives a blank LCD...Bizzar

Any ideas

7 Replies 7

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Did you receive any errors during installation? Has it been able to register with the CCM?

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Not used IP Communicator myself, but sounds like an 2000/XP permissions issue. There is a similar issue with Attendant Console. There are certain registry keys that the software has to have write access too in AC - might be the same in IP Communicator. Try setting the user account to a power user and see if it works. If it does then definately a permissions issue.

HTH

D

What happens if the user runs CIPC "Run as Administrator"? If that fixes the problem, the shortcut can be modified to always run that way.

Maren

monster.speaks
Level 1
Level 1

It could be an issue with user's profile and NAC settings.

Are you able to reach the CUCM servers from user profile?

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This used to be as the config was in the registry for another user or admin, and the local user didn’t see it. The settings are greyed out in the app and you can’t do anything without being admin. BTW this product is finally EoL announced.

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

When you install IP Communicator by default it will use the MAC address of the PC's network card as the device name to register with CUCM. If you install it on another PC then you need to manually configure IP Communicator to use the MAC address from the old PC or change the MAC address with CUCM to match whatever is on the new PC.

You won't be able to change the setting in IP communicator if it is not running as administrator. Also it maybe that your PC is not getting the DHCP option 150 to tell IP communicator where the CUCM server is. This may have been manually configured on the old PC as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: