cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7965 VPN Requirements

ContinuumIT
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running CUCM System version: 8.6.2.21900-5.  We are having issues setting up and getting IP phones to connect from some employee homes.  We have the licensing, and I know the setup works as I have been able to successfully confingure & connect several phones to our PBX from my home network.

What I cannot seem to find is a list of routers that are or are not compatible with the IP phone/vpn.  I also need to find "checklist" of what to look for or what should be set up on a home network to make this setup for the users and IT staff easier.

I should note, that these users report that they can connect to our vpn fine via Anyconnect and their computers.  1 user even had access to other routers and on the 3rd router was able to get a connection and place a call.

I am in the process of getting the home router/modem make and models from these users if it helps.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no such list. Phone uses SSL VPN that are regular TCP/UDP packets so nothing special in that for the home router and any should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: