Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber MRA supportive design

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

i have critical setup and want to know if it will work with jabber on MRA.

i have three domains:

internal domain for us accplications ( CUCM, CUC , IMP, EXP-C): abc.internal

end suer email with domain: user1@xyz.com

external domain ( exp-E) : test.com

!

My concern is that when user will login in jabber with user1@xyz.com, how external domain test.com expressway-e will resolve it and provide registration and call rights with cucm that is in domain abc.com..

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you reviewed this doc?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you reviewed this doc?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

thanks for sharing the document for multi domain on MRA.

i go through it and still not able to understand how my setup will work?

i seen this point in document:

Voice Services Domain

The user always logs in with userid@domain4, as there should be no difference in user experience when inside or outside. This means that if domain1 is different from domain4, you must configure the voice services domain in the Jabber client. This is because the domain portion of the login is used in order to discover the Collaboration Edge services using Service (SRV) record lookups.

!

but in my case, im&p domain is abc.internal and end user email is user1@xyz.com. Actually xyz.com domain is not configured  with internal app ( CUCM, CUC & IM&P, EXP-C) and external exp-E domain. 

!

So how end user login with go successful in jabber over MRA when end user login from outside or internally with login: user1@xyz.com?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

The domain for the servers can be completely different from what the users use with Directory URI JID config. And they will use the RHS of their URI for the login, and look at the SRVs with that one.

Same here, you care about the actual domain the users are from, which is the one that has to be configured in EXP-C, and which is going to be used for the SRV lookups internally.

HTH

java

Hello,

can anyone help me where & how can find jabber msi file and modify for applying below my configuration:

i have to apply in msi file:

voice service domain: test.com

service domain : xyz.com

!

Can we use jabebr-config.xml file for above points then might be no need to work on msi file?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

The .zip you get from CCO has the msi, and the Jabber documentation explains how to use the install switches, you can also use something like ORCA to adjust the values, you can also adjust them in the .xml, but you need a first login to get the right info. You can also use a config URL. The Jabber documentation explains how to use any of those options (except ORCA).

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: