cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server 2.3 WebRTC/Chrome crashes when no camera/audio hardware detected

Dave M
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else noticed that the new CMS 2.3 WebRTC Chrome client crashes when you try to join a meeting without video or audio hardware being detected?  On prior versions, you could continue to join a WebRTC based meeting without the hardware being detected.  When you join with 'Use this computer' or 'Use my phone', you will get a quick message saying- Join Meeting Failed.  Oddly, you can disable audio and/or video in UserProfiles, but you can still can't join the meeting without the hardware.  The only workaround I have found is to 'Use my video system'. This works even though I don't have a camera connected.  This seems like a huge bug.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has been fixed in CMS 2.3.1, see CSCvh47500.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You could use "Management and presentation" option when joining the meeting, it allows you to manage the meeting, and view or share presentation without participating in the meeting's audio and video. The download is you can't see or hear any participants within the conference.
Cisco redesigned CMA and the WebRTC client in the CMS 2.3 release, so some features that were available in the previous version might not work as expected, this may be intentional or by accident. Either way, you should open a case with TAC, it's best if you can show that it was a working feature in CMS 2.2 and earlier, and not in CMS 2.3.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has been fixed in CMS 2.3.1, see CSCvh47500.