Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server locales/languages

g-kennett
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the locale of a CMS server. Out of the box, the announcements are in an American accent and I'd like to change to English, much like you can in CUCM or Unity.

We are running ver 2.2.

Thanks

Glyn

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the customization guides

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/meeting-server/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can change the audio prompts that are heard, but requires a branding license as this customization is done using the API.  Take a look at the CMS Customization Guides, on that page there are also some branding examples.

Jaime/Patrick, Thanks for your reponses. I had seen these Customization Guides. I know CMS is a recent acquisition from Acano, but I would have hoped you could change the locale without having to purchase additional licensing. 

Thanks

Glyn

Hi I'm Glad to say that starting from Version 2.4 of the CMS, the Branbding license is no more necessary for branding.

Se the Guide https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Customisation/Version-2-4/Cisco-Meeting-Server-2-4-Customization-Guidelines.pdf at page 6.

But the question is: Cisco will be develop CMS in the future? It seems that Webex Meeting and Webex Teams are the Cisco Targeted Videocollaboration products.

Or not?

They both are very different products and cater different audiences & req. CMS is more of a on-prem conferencing solution, can be utilized as a CFB through CUCM, required for O365 interop (A/V/content) and dual homing etc. I don't see CMS being EoL'ed in the very near future. I don't see a replacement for this in the current product portfolio. CMS is being pitched and recommended as a replacement for what I would call previous gen solutions like TP/vTP, conductor, MCU etc.

Curious though, what brings up this question in the first place ?