Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telephony Monitoring

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

How can I monitor the telephony system properly? Any ideas or insight on how to do it? Since I'm kind of new to CUCM. Here are some of the things that come to my mind:

• If an important service goes down
  • If backup process failed
  • If the CPU or memory process goes over 80%

Some people are saying using RTMT or Prime Assurance and Analytics. Do you guys have any experience what is the best practice or what works for you all this time? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
RTMT is for sure a go tool tool. Prime is nice, but if you have any other SMNP based tool (Solar Winds is what I use), you can integrate much of the CUCM monitoring from your own tool.

For the three tasks you mentioned, RTMT is the simplest. You can set email alerts based on those conditions and many more.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
RTMT is for sure a go tool tool. Prime is nice, but if you have any other SMNP based tool (Solar Winds is what I use), you can integrate much of the CUCM monitoring from your own tool.

For the three tasks you mentioned, RTMT is the simplest. You can set email alerts based on those conditions and many more.

Hi Mike,

Can RTMT run as background process? Or the application must run on the foreground all the time?

For Solarwinds, are you using NPM or other kind of software?

Thanks

RTMT runs from the CUCM server, in essence its in the background. The client is used for configuring alerting and assisting in real time troubleshooting. The clinet does not need to be running for alerting to function.

I am personally using Solarwinds Orion - NPM, more specifically the Voice and Network Quality Module has been very useful tool.

Hi Mike,

Ah I see. I will set some alerts for testing purpose.

For the NPM, I suppose solarwinds.com/voip-network-quality-manager is the one you mentioned?

That is the NPM module I use for some analytics, yes.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: