Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity connection sub tabs

divine007
Level 1
Level 1

Am configuring my CUC 8.5

but release inside a function like system call handler ==> edit

i can't have function under the edit to display for me to complete my configuration 

secondly when i try to play or inside a sound

the sites says

initMMAppletinstance failed to get instance

Am almost done but can't continue because of this

what could be the cause? java or navigator?

8 Replies 8

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

initMMAppletinstance failed to get instance

Appears to be a java issue:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection-version-70/110950-unity-wav-issues.html#wav

Error: InitMMAppletInstance failed to get instance

Problem

When you try to save a WAV file, this error message is received:

initMMApplet:InitMMAppletInstance failed to get instance

This issue can also occur when you try to save greetings through the Use Computer option.

Solution

This issue occurs on PCs installed with JRE 6 Update 10 or Update 11. In order to resolve this problem, downgrade the JRE version to Version 5 Update 15. JRE Version 6 Update 7 also works fine with Internet Explorer 7.0 and Mozilla Firefox.

Can you clarify what do you mean by this - "i can't have function under the edit to display for me to complete my configuration"

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Terry

I mean under system call handler when I click under edit am suppose to have options to edit but the edit tab is not responding nor options shown

Dear Terry

i think you are using chrome

try firefox

same issue here using two different systems and OS.

on the mac with any browser and on a brand new Windows 10 pc. I started to get the same error after fussing a bit trying to upload a wave file for a greeting.

Anyone else has this problem?

Yes, I am facing the same problem. Tried to upgrade the JRE as well but to no avail.

there is no fix as its an issue with the Call Manager and  specific version of java,

I opened a TAC and i was told to use that specific version which i dont have and does not work with anything else or upgrade cucm to latest that uses HTML 5

On the other hand, i downloaded a tool called audiotext manager and it does a lot of the things that needed to do under Unity. 

Obviously is not a replacement but it got me out of a jam

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what version uses the HTML5 audio applet?