cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoJabberHeadset.exe constant CPU Usage

TimNielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else noticed CiscoJabberHeadset.exe is constantly using CPU even when jabber is idle?

I am seeing CPU usage anywhere between 2 and 10% when the system is idle, for only the CiscoJabberHeadset.exe process.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This was actually fixed in a recent release of jabber.  Sometime mid/early 2022.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

lmoore101
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing this on our Lenovo X1 Yoga 6th Gen notebooks running Jabber (Version 14.0.1.55914 Build 305914). Updating audio drivers has not helped. Other model notebooks Yoga 4th Gen do not have the issue. We are still investigating what could be causing this.

lmoore101
Level 1
Level 1
Using MS procmon, filtered to the ciscojabberheadset.exe, it was showing constant file reads and file not found to: "%localappdata%\Sennheiser\SDKCore\config.dat" which did not exist.

According to the Jabber release notes, that file is for a special config when you need to change a conflicting port for some Sennheiser feature we do not use. We do not have the conflicting port issue as port 8001 is not in use.

FIX: Creating a blank "%localappdata%\Sennheiser\SDKCore\config.dat" file and restarting Jabber stopped the high CPU on CiscoJabberHeadset.exe. Procmon no longer shows constant reads to that file.

Thank you for this! We had to create the whole path beyond the %localappdata%\ but that resolved the issue for us as well. This was a terrible problem for a Virtual desktop cluster as it multiplied the CPU load across the entire cluster.

Andrew, has this resolved long term for you? I am being told by my VM Admins here that this solution was a temporary fix as after it was created, Jabber began to write to this folder and the CPU utilization began to spike again. 

I have to re-create the blank file every time my machine is recomposed from the master. The Source template isn't capturing the file correctly but this is an issue with the way our VDI pools are composed. Sounds like we will be forced off of Jabber in the next few months anyway so no-one wants to put in more time towards a long-term fix for this.

This was actually fixed in a recent release of jabber.  Sometime mid/early 2022.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: