cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to Conference XML

paul.omahony
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to create an XML command to allow multiple phones to be called at the same time from one phone?

Here's what I tried but I could be way off:

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

<ExecuteItem Priority=\"0\" URL=\"" + URI1 + "\"/>

<ExecuteItem Priority=\"0\" URL=\"" + URI2 + "\"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>"

URI1, URI2 are Dial:xxxx

Any help would be great!

Thanks

1 Reply 1

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I take it you tried that and it didn't work. Afaik you can send one such command... you could send multiple key presses that way but not multiple dial commands or request multiple xml pages.

So, you could go the hackish way: press key after key... first go off hook (press speaker key), then press the first key, second key, etc.. and with subsequent ipphoneexecute requests end dialing press the conference softkey (you gotta know at which position it's going to be so different softkey templates will make your life miserable) until you're all done.

Or there's the proper way: Use (J)TAPI to make two outbound calls and conference them together... It's quite a bit more effort but if you have your base CTI app working, turn it into a lib and you can re-use it and it will be a lot less work the second time around.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: