cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.0 - Broadcast Ring & Auto-answer

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried this yet in Call Manager 4.0...placing lines in a Line Group that is using broadcast ring when the lines are set to auto-answer with speakerphone? I have a customer that had paging thru the phone speakers on an old system that we are replacing and would like the same functionallity. I haven't been able to test this, but I have some reservations about this being able to work. Can someone confirm that the following may be true?

1) call comes into the line group, all phones ring and if they are set to auto-answer with speakerphone, that means that each phone's speakerphone is off-hook allowing two-way communication between everyone (may cause feedback if two phones are too close together). also would allow any converstation to be heard (i.e. closed-door meeting)

2) call comes into the line group, all phones ring and if they are set to auto-answer with speakerphone and if someone is on another line, that call will be placed on hold while the auto-answer line goes off-hook. This would happen automatically and interupt the call in progress (very unacceptable).

I suspect that in some way, under certain conditions this "solution" will produce un-desirable results, but I need someone to confirm my line of thinking here or point something out that I haven't thought of.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Just tried it with 3 phones in a broadcast linegroup and it doesn't work. All 3 phones ring, but only the first auto answers. The phone that I placed the call from goes to a fast busy, and the call on the first extention that did answer shows connected...even though phone that I called from has been hung-up.

Answer is....Not a supported configuration.

Sounded great in theory though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

Just tried it with 3 phones in a broadcast linegroup and it doesn't work. All 3 phones ring, but only the first auto answers. The phone that I placed the call from goes to a fast busy, and the call on the first extention that did answer shows connected...even though phone that I called from has been hung-up.

Answer is....Not a supported configuration.

Sounded great in theory though.

Ok...thanks for your time and effort.