Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.1(3) but no choice for ATA188

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am running a CM 4.1(3). I need to add an ATA188 but my only choice is for an ATA186 and I can't seem to find how to get an ATA188 to show up in the device profiles so that I can choose it. Any suggestions as to what to do?

2 Replies 2

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

You can go ahead and use the ATA186 profile. It works. I've tested it.

You can use the 186 profile but will get lots of errors unless you register or turn off the other port.

You need to register the second port as a different device. If you look at the mac address in the event viewer log the ATA has removed the first two digits of the mac add. and placed an 01 at the end which indicates the second port. If that port is not in use, all you should have to do is disable that port on the ATA itself and you shoudl stop seeing the errors in event viewer.

Here is a link to the ATA that will show you where you need to disable this port:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ata/ataadmn/sccp3_0/sccpaape.htm#wp1026497

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: