Views
Helpful
Replies

CM and CME Integration?

subbarao.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know whether it is possible to integrate CM and CME at the same time providing reduadncy.

My requirement is, I have a QSIG PRI trunk to a PBX and same time I have only one callmanger (7825) with few ip phones and Untiy VM. What I want is CM should be the primary call Processing entity and CME should be providing reduadncy against CM failure. CME is going to be installed on the gateway router whicih is providing QSIG Trunk.

Important thing is during switchover QSIG functionality should be seamless.

I appreaciate if some one can help me on above.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

JOSE TORRES
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any particular reason that you want to use CME and not SRST?

This is exactly what SRST is meant to be used for...

You could probably have the Gateway setup as and SRST reference and the phone might attempt to register to it but there is no way to tell the phone to register back with the callmanager when it comes online.

Using SRST the phone continuosly attempts to register with the callmanager.

When the phone register with CME it will be completely reconfigured and will not have the reference for the Callmanager anymore.

Thanks! As I said in my question, QSIG is main focus but not IP Phone.

Does SRST Supports QSIG Trunk switchover from CM?

I could not find this in documentaiton.

Are you terminating this as an H.323 or mgcp gateway?

I can't find anything that say's you can't. You should have no problems. I have installed PRI's as MGCP or H.323 gateway and have had no problems.

SRST runs as more of an application kind of independent of the gateway configuration.

You just need to make sure that you configure SRST correctly so it matches DID's Ext's and the such to the DirN's on the phone.

Hi,

Please refer to the below URL

http://www.cisco.com/application/vnd.ms-powerpoint/en/us/partner/netsol/ns268/c664/ccmigration_09186a00801739f2.ppt

If you have ISDN PRI or T1 CAS trunk seems to be no problem but in my case it is going to be QSIG trunk with DID to IPC turrets, no where it is mentioned about QSIG trunk support. As you know there are lot of enhancements done in call manger 4.0 for QSIG Support.

I am going to configure it as an MGCP Gateway.

Do you think QSIG trunk also should not have any problem with SRST in the absence of CM?

Thanks!