cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM failover

netman2k5
Level 1
Level 1

I got inherited a CM cluster and not familiar with this technology. Here is the issue:

* cluster has 1 Sub and 1 Pub - centralized solution.

* remote site has a 3660 router with Frame-relay cloud for data and ip calls; also Pri connection for PSTN.

Today we had a hardware failure in the CM sub therefore this unit is out of service. All ip calls via FR still work Ok. The only problem is all inbound calls at remote office got busy tone (outbound calls work just fine). What I had to do is the reconfig the 3660 router at remote office to Pub ip address eventhough I have failover config to do so as follows :

dial-peer voice 200 voip

preference 1

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 48[5-7].

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 10

session target ipv4:172.16.107.3 (CM Sub)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 201 voip

preference 2

incoming called-number .

destination-pattern 48[5-7].

progress_ind setup enable 3

voice-class codec 10

session target ipv4:172.16.107.2 (CM Pub)

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

Apparently the failover config does not work, what am I missing ? Thanks for all help.

8 Replies 8

netman2k5
Level 1
Level 1

here what I had to do actually to resolve inbound calls at remote office :

Gateway(config)#dial-peer voice 200 voip

Gateway(config-dial-peer)#no session target ipv4:172.16.107.3

Gateway(config-dial-peer)#session target ipv4:172.16.107.2

Gateway(config-dial-peer)#exit

Config posted looks OK, except you should also have:

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

then

voice-class h323 1

Put this last command under both your CallManager dial-peers... This shortens the TCP timeout after it tries to connect to the preference 1 dial-peer that isn't there...

Hope this helps

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also, try adding codec class as well, sometimes there is codec mismatch and you get reorder tone.

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

in your voip dial-peer statements

Thank you, Sir. I had those commands in our voice gateway config at remote site already. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Aaron. I will try it this weekend when we have some down times. By the way, I have question about the following commands:

sccp ccm 172.16.107.3 priority 1

sccp ccm 172.16.107.2 priority 2

what do they do ? Really appreciate your help, Sir.

These commands set the gateway to register as a SCCP device to CallManager - usually this is done when you have DSPs on the router that you are using as transcoder/conference resources for CallManager.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you very much.

Glad to help..

Don't forget to rate posts :-)