cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM3.3.4->CME3.2->Call Forward->Unity 4.0.4 Problem

aarato
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody run into this problem or has a similar setup?

1. A phone registered to a CallManager 3.3.4 cluster makes a call to another phone registered with CallManager Express 3.2.

2. The call is routed via an H.323 trunk to CME 3.2 and rings the destination phone.

3. When the no-answer timeout expires the call just drops instead of forwarded to Unity.

I have no problem when the call is initiated by another CME phone. External callers also have no problem getting to the voicemail. This problem is only happening when a call is coming in via an H.323 trunk.

The Unity voicemail that I use has a multi-cluster environment where the CallManager and the CME shares the Unity 4.0.4 voicemail.

I have heard that other people had issues with call forwarding when the call forward is between and H.323 node and a SCCP node (Like Unity port or an ATA186).

Any help would be greatly appreacited!

Thanks,

Andras

5 Replies 5

ahopkins
Level 1
Level 1

Andras I see you posted this in June with no replies.

I'm having the exact same problem with calls being dropped instead of going to voicemail when the call originates from an IP Phone registered with Callmanager 3.3.3, calling across a H323 intercluster trunk to a CCME phone. Were you able to get this working?

I think the problem here has to do with an inbound call leg (voip) using H323 and another outbound call leg from the CME router to Unity (which does not uses SCCP but uses SIP).

Try,

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

Not sure if this will help.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

That makes sense. I'll give that a try and post back the results.

You might as well add another command,

voice service voip

redirect ip2ip

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Here's what fixed the problem for me. I added the following commands into the CME router.

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow connections ip to h323

supplementary-service h450.12

h323

HTH - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: