Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.1 - Phone not registering...

chpayne
Level 1
Level 1

OK guys maybe a newbie question but...

I have been playing with CME 3.1 at home and got it all configured and running (sort of) I have config'd a 7960 and a 7920 wireless on the network and can make calls between the two phones...

Problem: When I try to add another 7960 to the network it just keeps looping in search of an IP and CM. It does this regardless ofsetting it for DHCP or not.

Am I doing something wrong?? I was going to post my config but decided to wait in case I completely missed something. on a hunch I went back to work and then from scratch recreated the network over again the same problem occurs.

Equipment is - 1751V - 3500XL - (2) 7960 ip phones (1) 7920 wireless - AP1230g access point. CME ver 3.1 -- Router IOS 12.3.8T3

Any help would be awesome!

thanks,

-Chris

4 Replies 4

patsbc
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

A fellow SBCer. Welcome!

First off, make sure the configuration on that 7960 you are trying to add is fresh and doesn't have a static IP or CM address set. Go into the Network Configuration, press **# to unlock the configuration and select Reset to Defaults and reboot your phone.

Next try the following to determine where the problem is:

debug ip dhcp server events

debug ephone register

show ephone register

If the other phones received the voice VLAN, grabbed a DHCP lease and registered with your CME you should be golden.

Your home network is almost identical to mine :) Except I have an AP1100 and a 7970 (and a early release build of CME 3.2) If you still get stuck, post your config here or look me up in phone - pj9417.

Also, take a look at the following URL for some cool CME scenarios and tips:

http://ciscogroups.anvi.com/cme/index.html

Pat

Hello Pat!

Did I understand correctly you have 7970 working with early release build of CME3.2?!!...

If that's the case than please share the secret where to get it... (the 3.2)

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Alex,

Negative.

If you are interested in testing early releases of Cisco's software, talk to your local Cisco SE - he/she can put you in touch with the business unit managers.

Pat

Pat,

In any case thanx for telling me.

Of course it's a shame for my customer to have purchased 14 7970's and being not able to use it at least with basic call features.

Take care,

Alex