Replies

CME 3.2 & Dial plan w/o trunk access code "9"

peteroseneff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have test dial-plan with my СМЕ 3.2:

-----------------------------------------------

There are 100 dial-line extentions (DNs) 3XX (300-399)

and an outbound dial-peer for local calls to PSTN number 3636308 (h323-trunk to a Gatekeeper):

dial-peer voice 3 voip

destination-pattern 3636308

session target ras

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711alaw

no vad

and one of CME hidden dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 20064 pots

destination-pattern 363

huntstop

progress_ind setup enable 3

port 50/0/64

The problem: When I try to make an outbond local call to PSTN number 3636308 and start dialing 3-6-3- the call immediatly routes to ext. # 363.

OK, let's check an output of "show dialplan number 3636308" command:

The outgoing dial-peer mentioned above matches BEFORE the ext.#363 dial-peer. BUT the call routes to dial-peer 20064 w/o analizing a depth of the prefix 3636308.

The Question is: Why this happens?

Thank you.

--

Peter.

3 Replies 3

peteroseneff
Level 1
Level 1

Matching Outbound Dial Peers:

-----------------------------

DID (Direct Inward Dial) Case

On DID calls (also referred to as one-stage dialing), the setup message contains all the digits necessary to route the call and the router/gateway should not do subsequent digit collection. When the router/gateway searches for an outbound dial-peer, it uses the entire incoming dial string. This matching is by default variable-length. It is not done digit-by-digit because by DID definition, all digits have been received.

Non-DID Case

This case is also referred to as two-stage dialing. If DID is not configured on the matched incoming dial-peer, the router/gateway enters the digit collection mode (digits are collected inband). Outbound dial peer matching is done on a digit-by-digit basis. Hence, the router/gateway checks for dial-peer matches after receiving each digit and then routes the call when a full match is made.

It looks like my CME router matches dial peers in the Non-DID mode - hence the problem. How to change the mode to DID?

Probably is't impossible change the dial peer matching mode in my case, because of lack of E1/T1 or FXO voice port, where direct-inward-dial command can be issued.

...But it is possible to change the dial plan it self from extentions 300-399 to 001-099. After mentioned changes the new dial plan with direct dial (w/o trunk access code digit) of local, national and international numbers works OK.