Views
Helpful
Replies

CME / CUE Fax setup

nrnick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I hope someone can help me or point me to the right direction, but i am wondering what is the call flow and options that i have to setup analog faxing to a cme/cue setup.

I am running a C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M w/12.4(11)XW2 / CME 4.2(0) and CUE 3.1.1

w/ 8 FXO port for PSTN line.

I have a ATA adapter for the fax.

Is it possible to the Auto Attendant to forward fax cal to a specific extension (ATA with an analog fax) ? Does the CUE AA can detect incoming fax ?

what about fax to mail ?

4 Replies 4

Thanks ! this will help !

tnorrell
Level 1
Level 1

If I undestand correctly, you want the AA to see the fax tones, and direct the call to a fax that is hanging off of a ATA. Is that correct?

You're dealing with two different problems. One, the fax/call routing. The other is the issue with switching fax protocols on the ATA.

The link in the previous post deals with haveing an application detect fax tone, but it does not function very well as an AA. The caller calls in, waits N number of seconds while a voice says something like "press 1 if this is a voice call, 2 if fax...". If the caller presses to, or the script hears fax tone, the script knows how to negotiate the fax. However, it wants to do it with t.37 (or store and forward). Meaning the email will be sent via email to the address listed in the script.

CUE 3.1 has the ability to do store and forward. it's built into the code, and doesn't require the IOS tcl script noted in the previous paragraph. It's a great way to receive faxes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/fxgatewy.html

That may be what you are looking for, but if you have a fax machine attached to an ATA, you're going to want to use t.38, or passthrough. My suggestion is that yaou make sure you're working with an ATA-188 and not the ATA-186.

feel free to post follow up questions.

Hi, thanks for the very informative reply.

Here is what i need to do:

The system i am working on right now only have a limited number of PSTN analog lines (6 total.

So i want to use every possible lines for voice call, but i do not want to assign a specific line for incoming fax.

Also, it is very important that incoming fax do not require user interaction, such as pressing a option key.

I will read about the store and forward option that you mention.

Unfortunatly, i only have a ATA186 w/ a regular analog fax machine.

Any recommendation for a good, low cost hardware or computer or email base fax solution ?

What is the best way to go ?

(FYI, there is a MS Window Server 2003 without Exchange available)

Thanks for all the help !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: