Views
Helpful
Replies

CME on way audio on LAN

Neil Stewart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am having an issue with CME where there is one way audio between certain phones on the same vlan. The problem is intermittent between phones.

Router - 3925

IOS - 15.0(1)M4

CME - 7.1

CP-7962, CP-7942, CP7911 phones are in use and problem exisits accross all and only internally.

Any advise ??

6 Replies 6

Can you please use wireshark and trace the call , see what is wrong on the call between CME and the IP Phone.

Usually it is routing but since they are on the same vlan this is weired , all the way , please upload a wireshark trace.

Amer

I will be able to capture the files and upload on Tuesday.

Thanks Amer

Hello Neil,

My guess is that you are out of office until tuesday , do you have at least a show run of the configuration on the CME router , maybe we can find something.

Amer

At a customer  all day today and Monday is a public holiday.

See attached config file. I have removed most non related config and have left in two ephones which have a constant problem when dialing between them.

Other phones seem to have random issues, but not very often.

ephone 13 and 86 experience one way audio for every call between them.

Let me know if you require anything further and I will upload trace files on Tuesday morning.

Hello,

I can't find anything , looks he configuration is correct especially that you have a successful scenarios , we will have to wait for the trace to know what exactly is going one.

Sorry for not being more helpful at this time.

Amer

See attached trace files on both phones and the CME.

Calls in both directions with only one-way audio at ext.6849 phone.

I gave ext.6849 a new phone which resolved the issue.

Problem followed the phone, tried all sorts of things eventually replaced headset cable on suspect phone, which seamed to resolve.

I am tring to track down other users with problem as issue between 7962 and 7911 seams to have vanished.

Worring, but everything now appears 100%.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: