cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME PRI Caller ID Name issue with Facility ie

aapedraza
Level 1
Level 1

Any progress on the cme caller id name delivery issue when the telco is sending it in the facility ie field? If not, can I map the Facility ie information to display ie by using another router?

Router 1 would be connected to the telco PRI and a second T1 from router 1 going to router 2 via crossover T1 cable. Router 2 would be the CME router.

Is this possible? will this work?

Thank you for your help.

23 Replies 23

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah. Name faclity IE supports will cover the QSIG

and NI switch types for now. It is supported from

12.4.x

For full callmanager with H323 will the IOS command "clid substitute name" allow Calling Party Name to show up on 7960 Phones? We are trying to figure out where it is used?

We are running CME 3.4 I don't know much about callmanager. On CME with a T1-PRI the telco (SBC) is sending the calling name in the Facility field networking extension. The name does not show up on the phones. I have tried to convince them to change it and send the name in the display ie field, but so far they have not. The techs that i have talked to say that they are not familiar with display ie. I think that Cisco should fix this bug!

There was bug six years ago, it's unlikely to be fixed.

Supposedly it's scheduled to be fixed in CME 4 - I have a bug ID somewhere but it's not marked as visible on the bug tracker.

Can you find anywhere when or if Facility IE in ISDN will be fixed for full Callmanager ?

Call Manager doesn’t use the Facility I field in an ISDN message for caller ID. They use the Display I field. Cisco TAC suggests getting the telco to change the switch, but I haven't found a telco yet that will or can change their switch to support Cisco.

I know. I have been trying to get SBC to change. They won't let me talk to a tech directly either. I have to talk to my sales rep and he has no idea if this is possible or what I mean by Facility vs Display ie.

It seems to me that this should be something extremly simple for Cisco to fix. I wonder why they don't.

I'm understanding the telco would have to change the 5ESS switch for all customers. Telco can't change Facility/Display ie for a single customer on the 5ESS switch. At least that was what telco told me at the time -jason

TAC verified Calling Party Name with Facility ie under H323 is still broken in full Callmanager 4.1(3)SR2 -jason

aapedraza
Level 1
Level 1

Caller id Name delivery with facility IE works now with 12.4XC CME 4.0

aapedraza,

I have a CME v4 running 12.4(4)XC1 and we are not able to display the name on the phones. Is there a config change needed to get this to work?

under the serial interface add the following liine:

isdn supp-service name calling

hope this works.

I entered the command you suggested under the serial interface (where the type of switch is specificed) and no luck. Still just passes the phone number.

The telco might not be sending it to you. It is extra in our case (SWB). To know for sure do a debug and check for incoming calls. Also, not all incoming calls will have name information.

enter the following:

debug isdn q931

term mon

Have someone from a fixed line call your number and look at the debug. The name should appear. If it does not, call your bell company and find out if the service is optional.

Good luck.