Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Database Cluster

I am trying to cluster my database in CMS and I have created the client and server csr files.  I had them signed on an internal CA but when I try to run the "database cluster initialize" command I am getting the following error.

ERROR: Extended key usages of client certificate 'dbclient.cer' does not specify Client Authentication (Expected 'clientAuth' found 'serverAuth')

Is this due to the CA signing it as 'serverAuth' instead of 'clientAuth'?  Or is this due to the CSR being incorrect?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review section 3.1.4

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Deployment_Guide/Version-2-1/Certificate-Guidelines-Scalable-and-Resilient-Deployments-2-1.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

as per your given book for redundancy I am running the database cluster initialize command but since I have intermediate root and root certs in my scenario by database is not initializing and the command to install cert only accept root or intermediate root at a time i.e "database cluster certs dbcluster.key dbcluster.cer dbclient.key dbclient.cer root.cer"  here i can only put root or intermediate.