Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS-RECORDING

If i want to record the video conference meeting on the Meeting server 1000 so i need to have CMS-RECORDING license , do i need any more license  and can i deploy it on the CMS or i need separate server for recording ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
To enable recording on CMS, you require CMS-RECORDING licenses, you need a recording license for every concurrent conference you plan to record. Recorder should not be deployed on the same CMS as the Call Bridge, so it will require a separate CMS to be deployed. Refer to the deployment guide Jaime provided, recording details are listed in section A.1.3.

View solution in original post

You can deploy the recorder on a third-party spec-based hardware as long as you meet the requirements, recommended CPU/RAM is outlined in the guide linked earlier.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All your questions are covered in the Cisco Meeting Server, Deployment Planning and Preparation Guide

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
To enable recording on CMS, you require CMS-RECORDING licenses, you need a recording license for every concurrent conference you plan to record. Recorder should not be deployed on the same CMS as the Call Bridge, so it will require a separate CMS to be deployed. Refer to the deployment guide Jaime provided, recording details are listed in section A.1.3.

Thanks a lot Patrick so much for your support so that means i must have two CMS 1000 to enable recording .

You can deploy the recorder on a third-party spec-based hardware as long as you meet the requirements, recommended CPU/RAM is outlined in the guide linked earlier.

Hi Patrick thanks a lot for your support and help i really appreciate your help ,god bless you .

Hi Patrick. 

So recorder needs any license? 

I understand that recording license needs to be in the CallBridge/xmpp nodes. That we have right now. 

Regards, 

Baris. 

Hi Jamie, 

Thank you for reply, 

However that part does not say recorder node-vm needs any license or not. 

It describes how much resource needs on recorder vm.

And says recording license need to be entered on call bridge nodes. 

A.1.3 Recording Recording is controlled by license keys, where one license allows one simultaneous recording. The license is applied to the server hosting the Call Bridge (core server) which connects to the Recorder, not the server hosting the Recorder. Note: The recommended deployment for production usage of the Recorder is to run it on a dedicated VM with a minimum of 4 physical cores and 4GB . In such a deployment, the Recorder should support 2 simultaneous recordings per physical core, so a maximum of 8 simultaneous recordings. To purchase recording license keys, you will need the following information: n number of simultaneous recordings, n MAC address of interface A on the servers hosting the Call Bridges.

Regards,

Baris.

Not sure where you're confused, it explains that recording IS a licensed feature per session. That the licenses are installed in the CB, not in the actual server where recording is configured.

Recording Recording is controlled by license keys, where one license allows one simultaneous recording. The license is applied to the server hosting the Call Bridge (core server) which connects to the Recorder, not the server hosting the Recorder

HTH

java

Hi Jaime, 

I'm also confused , if I'm planning to deploy recorder in separate VM. In that case CMS installed in VM (recorder) does required any license ? 

Assuming  Base Licenses and Recoding/Streaming Licence installed in CB (CMS 1K Hardware). 

Thanks

Debabrata

I answered that in my previous reply. Please review that carefully. 

The first link that I provided explains licensing, did you review it? 

HTH

java

Okay, 

Not cleared.

In my case CMS 1K hardware configured as CB, recording license also installed in this system. 

Another CMS (VM) configured as recorder, and  doesn't have any license (evolution mode), is it work ? or I have to purchase the base license ?

Thanks

Debabrata  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: