Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collab Edge MRA-B2B-Jabber Guest Question

Assuming a client wants to deploy MRA and Jabber Guest Expressway C/E Pairs where does/should B2B calling be handled, on the MRA pair, or Jabber Guest pair??

The current Collaboration Preferred Architecture guide states MRA (Jabber and Endpoint Registions) should be separate for B2B (snippet below, or see page 27 here: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/enterprise/collabpa.pdf). Is this correct?  And if so wouldn't that mean we only need traversal licenses on the B2B/Jabber Guest pair (since MRA itself doesn't need traversal licenses)??

Thanks in advance,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good to hear.  

B2B calling should route through the Jabber G pair, yes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hey Brian,

I guess their point is based on workload.  With the idea that the two VMs supporting the registration traffic and voice video from the outside traffic would be a lot.  A lot of configurations are using ExpC and ExpE for MRA and then existing VCS-c and VCS-e for Jabber guest and B2B traffic.  A good number of businesses would have already had the core VCS's in place already so why not utilize them still.  So to summarize, I would agree that having two different pairs for this makes sense.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

It's safe to say all (or nearly all) of our deployments for our clients will be new Collab Edge with Expressway - no VCS for endpoint registration. All endpoints will register to CUCM.

That being said, and with my earlier point about traversal licenses, should B2B calling routing through the Jabber Guest C/E pair?   This would leave the other C/E Pair for all the MRA services.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Good to hear.  

B2B calling should route through the Jabber G pair, yes.

Makes sense to me, thanks.

Any chance you have a Cisco doc reference for this?

Brian

Nothing specific.  There are guides around setting up Expressway and both with Jabber G and MRA setups.  It's more about best practices and just hearing the recommended stuff that Cisco will usually say through Voice of Engineer and other classes.  I believe that eventually MRA and Jabber G will be able to run on the same pair along with other modules, but until then you have to choose.  In which case I choose the one that's not passing through registrations.

Great, thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: