Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collab Edge WebEx Messenger Hybrid

Hello all

I am in the process of rolling out MRA for our organisation and since we have an existing WebEx Messenger service that users are familiar with and use extensively to communicate with partner companies I have decided that a hybrid MRA solution, ie MRA for remote voice/video and WebEx for IM, best suits our needs.

However, despite this being listed as a valid solution in the MRA docs I can find no actually guides on its particular setup.

The on-premise infrastructure is all in place and working and I can access voice/video services over Expressway but I cannot figure out what I must do with the UC service for IM when set to product type of WebEx (IM and Presence).

Has anybody deployed a hybrid MRA solution like this and could offer advice?

Thanks in advance

Gerard

3 Replies 3

Jesse Hoffman
Level 1
Level 1

Have you learned any more since the original post?

We're facing a deployment that will end up the same: Expressway MRA, with Webex Messenger, on-prem CUCM, etc.  However, we're migrating the customer from another service provider that is fully on-prem.  

Can you outline the steps you took to get CUCM properly configured?   

Unfortunately not.

I have a case open against our WebEx account for assistance. Hopefully they can shed some light on the correct configuration needed in WebEx Messenger Admin.

To configure the UCM and Expressways I followed the setup in the deployment guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-5/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-5.pdf

I used UCM & Unity 10.5(2) and Expressway 8.5.1.

If I use on-prem IM&P this works fine, but is not federated so is not an option.

Also, remote access to UCM voice/video services and voice mail work fine as do B2B video calls. My issue is that I cannot get the Jabber client to register to both WebEx for IM and Expressway for UC at the same time.

If I set service discovery to auto it registers to WebEx as IM only and ignores collab edge (even though I can see it resolving the srv in the logs) and if I set service discovery to UCM v9 or later it registers via Expresssway in phone mode despite WebEx Messenger and our c2s server being specified as a UC service in UCM.

If I make any progress with WebEx support I'll be sure to post it on here as I found the lack of detail available on this solution most frustrating.

Hi 

Juts to let you know I got this working.

It was straight forward in the end. After raising a support case with webex messenger they enabled UC on the webex account. 

After that you can enter the UCM details on the webex messenger admin portal and when a user registers the jabber client registers to the phone services on prem via expressway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: