cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Combo telco circuit with voice/data (VWIC-1MFT)

jason.aarons
Level 1
Level 1

I’m still new to the VWIC-1MFT-T1 (I’m used to older WIC-1DSU with NM-HDV for voice), ITC Deltacom (US telco) is selling a combo T1 where I can get 6 channels voice (configured as H.323 for Callmanager?) and 8 channels data (512k Frame Relay) and split them out inside the 2800 ISR with the MFT card? We have a centralized callmanager with 16 remote locations that have 2800 ISR routers to provide voice/data gateways.

Another engineer suggested I needed the WVIC-2MFT-T1-DI but I thought that was only if I had an older PBX and wanted to split out a physical PRI to that (according to the CCO docs on DI (Drop/Insert).

If you had a sample config, that would be great -jason

1 Reply 1

jcraven
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jason,

I did one of these recently, and I'm assuming the voice side is a voice PRI, like the one I did. I was skeptical of the idea at first, but it's actually pretty slick. One caveat I rememeber is, you'll want to make sure the provider gives you the flexibilty to work with you on the channels they hand you. I cound't get it to work without making sure the voice channels were the back end of the timeslots - i.e., the last channel of what will be your PRI group will in fact be the D-channel at 24.

Here's the important parts of the config:

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-8 speed 64

pri-group timeslots 16-24

In doing this, you create yourself one serial IP interface via the channel-group command and a separate interface which is the voice PRI via pri-group. They'll look something like this:

interface Serial0/0/0:0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.240

ip access-group 110 in

ip nat outside

ip virtual-reassembly

!

interface Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

Hope this is helpful, and good luck!