cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Computer does not get a IP address after a 7961 Phone

tci
Level 1
Level 1

When a Computer is attach to a IP phone 7961, some times it will not get a IP address when the comupter boot.

it is possibly to fix the problem if the computer is direckly attach to the wall jack it will get a Ip address and it will still get a Ip address if it is attach to the phone again.( I the IP phone is unattach from the wall jack and attach again the computer will not get a Ip address)?

7 Replies 7

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Could you send the config your using on the switch port??

interface FastEthernet0/33

switchport access vlan 150

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 50

mls qos trust dscp

dot1x mac-auth-bypass

dot1x pae authenticator

dot1x port-control auto

dot1x timeout quiet-period 1

dot1x timeout tx-period 1

dot1x reauthentication

dot1x guest-vlan 250

dot1x auth-fail vlan 250

spanning-tree portfast

This seems like a dot1x issue. When you hit the issue can you check that the dot1x has authenticated the port?? i think the command is show dot1x interface fax/x detail.

Also if your using mab there is a known issue that the DHCP times out before its been authenticated. Work around for this is to release, renew the ip address.

I will also try your config out on my switch tomorrow. Are you using ACS or IAS as your radius server??

What version of phone software are you running? It may be impacted by this bug...

CSCse08120 Bug Details Bug #12 of 27 | < Previous | Next >

7961 - PC cannot see data traffic if PC Voice VLAN Access is disabled

Symptom:

PC plugged at the back of a 7961 cannot get its IP settings from DHCP

Conditions:

option "PC Voice VLAN access" is disabled in CCM device configuration (default is "enable" )

Workaround:

re-enable the "PC Voice VLAN access" option

Jar41sccp.8-2-2ES1.sbn is the version

ACS as radius server

So first are you seeing the port as being authorised when you see this issue??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: