Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing

andy.chapman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Is it at all possible to set up Meet Me conferencing across WAN Links with callers from different partitions?

Thanks

Andy

3 Replies 3

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. Be careful if you're using G.729 across the WAN and don't have any transcoders. The sw-based conference bridge is G.711-only.

Also, remember that partitions define who can call you. CSSs define where you can call. As long as your CSS has the partition of the MeetMe number you can call it.

G.729 will be used across the WAN and we don't have transcoders....any suggestions? (Apart from getting some?!)

Thanks

I usually set up a G711-Only region and G711-Only device pool, that all other regions use G711 to talk to. I then assign this device pool to sw conference bridges. If all phones are in the same cluster they will dynamically switch to G711 when invoking the conference bridge. This means that conference calls across the WAN will be G711 but phone-to-phone or phone-to-gateway calls will be G.729. The only other way around this, afaik, is to provide a hw-based conference bridge (Cat 4k AGM, Cat 6K 6608, VG200 with DSP-FARM) which supports G729 conferences.