cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Setup failing

twerth
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded from 3.0(3) to 3.1(1). Everything seems to be functioning properly, but i am unable to run the configuration setup. It is failing due to services not starting. Unity starts without any problem and i am able to receive voicemails. When i go into the administrator page, i am unable to select any of the subscriber information.(it's blacked out) Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

8 Replies 8

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

The AvCsMgr service has started? Are there any errors in the application event log? Do you ever hear the failsafe message ("Sorry, but this system is temporarily unavailable....") during any conversations (opening greeting, leaving or retrieving messages)?

What subscriber information are you trying to select? Is this during a subscriber search or after you've already pulled the subscriber's page up?

Are you switching exchange mailstores? Try uninstalling the Unity Configuration under Add/Remove Programs, reboot, and then rerun the Configuration Setup.

And just for the record... you shound't run the configuration setup on an upgrade. It's only necessary to run setup off the CD and you're done. The configuration setup is only for connecting to the Exchange server of choice which also configures the default database scripts and the like, which is not necessary (or desirable) on an upgrade.

Ok. the only reason i tried that was because my administration page is not fully functional. Since it failed, i won't run it anymore. do you have any suggestions on why the admin page would not be working correctly? Thanks.

I am getting the event: "The AvCs Mgr service has terminated unexpectedly". But when i go into services, that service is still running. i don't get any failsafe errors at all. Everything seems to be working fine except for the Subscriber Section on the Administration page. Instead of being active links, the menu items are just plain text. I am not switching exchange mailstores. I guess my only problem is from an administration point of view because i am unable to view my subscribers and their information.

From where are you accessing the administration page? Is it using IE on the Unity server or from a remote machine? What version of IE are you using?

That event you listed ("The AvCs Mgr service has terminated unexpectedly") is from the system event log. What do you see in the application event log?

I am accessing the admin page on the unity server itself. I am using IE 5.5 sp2 per the installation guide. I can access the Call Management, Reports, and System menu items, but not the Subscriber and Network items.

There are not any errors in the application log.

And so am I right to assume that those are just regular text in the left-hand menu? They're not links you can click? I've seen something similar with the Locations and Ports links in 2.4.6, and I believe rerunning the setup may resolve that. You can also try reinstalling the web pages for SAWeb using this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/restore-unity-webpages.html

This is speculation, though. Or rather, if you had a case open with me, this is what I'd have you try.

I re-ran the setup and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!