cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Tool from cisco for unity

jones_amy
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring Unified messaging with the tool and you select 48 ports Data store comes into affect. I am guessing the Data store is the difference between 4-32 ports and 40+ ports for MSDE and SQL.. My question is Why would you ever need more than one SQL data Store for any amount of ports. I found a reference guide for the tool that says "when ordering cisco unity 3.1 software for 40 or more ports, order one data store option for each processor on the cisco unity server even if purchasing from the hardware compatibility list". So does this mean that if I have a quad processor I am going to have 4 SQL Unity Databases? If so why. Thanks

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is how Microsoft prices SQL... they charge per processor. You only have one instance of SQL on the box, of course, but you have to pay for 4 licenses. I'm not real sure why they do it this way, but that's how it's done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: