cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure 2 AD server in the CCM Directory plug'ins

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Does somebody know how to configure 2 ActiveDirectory server in the config of CM directory plug.ins. The 2 server host the same AD information, I want a solution if my first (Master server ) is down the second (slave server) will respond to the ldap request from CCM.

I know that possible to do that in CRS 4 (My crs is actually configure like that), but no doc talk aboir that for CCM.

How have a solution ?

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Any LDAP redundancy you implement will need to be on the Windows side, CCM is only capable of looking at one server in an AD integration.

I think there really isn't a way to have a backup LDAP directory other than to return multiple address with the DNS response.

HTH

Gonzalo

Hi understand, but in the same way that we can enter many DNS server in windows, and many LDAP server in IPCX 4.0,

I think that's a major faul-tolerance issue that Cisco sould correct it the next CCM release.

In the next version of callmanager, 5.0, the LDAP directory will be pulled down into a local SQL database, though i realize that doesn't help a whole lot considering it's not out yet.

scott.searle
Level 1
Level 1

You can setup a DNS entry and set it to use round robin between your 2 AD servers. Specify the new DNS name in your AD plugin setup. This works great for all of my AD integrations.

How does the CCM know when a AD server is down, this DNS way is cool for load-balancing. But if a AD server is down, the round-robbin will continue to publish the DNS entry of the unavailable server.