cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure for Web URL's?

gec5741023
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,  I'm currently running Digital Media Manager 5.2.2 and I am having a hard time getting web urls to display.  The only place I see what looks like the ability to do this is in the designer when I go to add a playlist.  I see the option to add an url.  But any url I add either local or internet only shows as a blank black box.  Are there settings I need to configure in order for this to work?

Thank you in advance as always!

8 Replies 8

JD Jones
Level 1
Level 1

You can create go to URL's in the advanced tab under DMP's. See below.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

I will play with that.  But what I'm trying to do and not sure if the go to url is the same thing is add a website into a portion of the screen in a presentation.  There is an option to add an url in the designer through a play list but I can't seem to get that to work. 

I just tested again and I am able to preview the presentation and the web url seems to work.  It's only when played to the player I get a blank black screen.

EDIT:  I got to thinking about it and figured maybe it's on the dmp side.  I have dmp4300's.  I went into one and enabled the proxy settings thinking that it may need our companys proxy to get out to the net.  Soon as I did that any thing I played to the player I would get some image of a small butterfly playing instead of the signage I choose to play. 

I'm still struggleing with this feature.  I have created a go to weburl but when I try to play now nothing happens.  Again if I add  a weburl to a playlist in the designer and preview it from my pc it shows the website (however it does not scale with the size of the playlist window) but if I play it through the player I get a blank window where that playlist should play.  I'm really confused on this!

Did you have any luck with this? I'm struggling with the same problem.

Hello James/Glen,

DMP-4310 does not have a Web Browser. You cannot use HTTP/HTTPS URLs to display content.

Please check the Data Sheet of DMP 4310 :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps7220/data_sheet_c78-625677.html

Web Browser support will be added in the future code releases - ETA of which is not known yet.

Supported protocols

• FTP and Secure FTP (SFTP)

• HTTPS (for management interface)

• User Datagram Protocol (UDP)

• Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) over Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

Thanks.

joesoto_NECAM
Level 1
Level 1

Glen,

been there done that .... don't waste your time as I did, if you want to play a playlist you'll have to purchase the DMP-4400.

I'm in the process of returning my DMP-4310 to Cisco

Yes sorry I thought I updated this thread.  I found out that this was the case.  We did get a 4400 to test and it does work with sending web urls.  your still pretty limited however with the functionality of it due to authentication to web accounts but it does play an url.