cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring hold music for unity connection ivr

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have read that i can use a custom hold music for unity connection call handlers IVR by creating a "common device configuration" on cucm and choose in it the network MOH music which I added, then i go to each unity port on the cucm and choose the "common device configuration" so that if anyone calls and all ports are busy he will get the music on hold which i customized, is this the correct method?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. Callers will hear reorder if all voicemail ports are busy. Music on hold is only supported on CUC when using the legacy SCCP-based integration instead of SIP and even then, only for supervised transfers from CUC back to a phone system destination.

so there is no way to make callers listen to a hold music if they call into the unity connection ivr and all ports are busy

The short answer is no, but the mere question implies a design problem.

The 20k user OVA is capable of 250 ports standalone / 500 ports in a cluster assuming low/medium-complexity codecs. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/virtualization/virtualization-cisco-unity-connection.html

If users are checking voicemail that much consider Single Inbox with Microsoft Exchange (or Donoma Software’s G Suite solution).

If Call Handler usage is that extraordinary then you should be using a dedicated IVR application such as IP IVR or CVP.

CUC Digital Networking may also be a way to distribute the load across multiple clusters of CUC, each serving different mailboxes and call handlers but functioning as a logically coherent solution.

you know unity ivr call handler divert to an extension if the user press a number, if that extension is busy is there a way to play hold music until that line is available?

Again, no. CUC is not an ACD engine. A supervised transfer is the closest you get but it only "waits" while the destination is ringing. If CUCM returns reorder/busy the call transfer action will fail; the Call Handler logic will proceed to the Greeting tab.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: