cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting MP3 to WAV for CME MOH.AU file

tbosi
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone looked at converting an MP3 file into the .AU format for use on the CME flash? I am trying to convert a customer provided MP3 file and have looked at using GoldWave, Zilla Audio and several other "converters" from the Web with no luck. I would be curious if someone has done this and what software they used to do it. Otherwise, I will have to use an external MOH connection via a E&M V2 WIC.

7 Replies 7

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you Google "convert .mp3 wave" (no quotes) you'll find a ton of utilities that will convert the .mp3 to a wave. Then, after you have converted the file to a standard .wav format, on a Windows XP machine go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder. Open the .wav file with Sound Recorder, then choose Save As. In the Save As dialog, near the bottom click 'Change' at Format. In the Sound Selection dialog that opens, choose 'CCIT u-law' in Format, and '8.000 kHz, 8 bit, Mono, 7kb/sec' for Attributes. Clikc OK, then save the file where required.

Hope this helps.

lspiehler
Level 1
Level 1

I developed an online tool that makes this very quick and simple http://kernelmanic.com/call-manager-and-asterisk-audio-converter/

dude that tool is the best think in the world. worked so well. please do not take it down lol

the tool was very nice 

Muy bueno el programa...!!!

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Use Audacity software to convert it to Wav file

Step 1. Go to file-->open and open your MP3 File.

Open fileOpen file

Step2. Now set the project rate to 8000 HZ at left bottom box

Set Project rateSet Project rate

Step3: Split the Audio from Stereo to mono

Stereo to MonoStereo to Mono

Step4: Export the MP3 file as wave file

moh4.PNG

Step5: Choose the file format as shown below,

Ocanada.JPG

Step6: Remove all the texts in Value field before saving it, your WAV file will not work if there are something in Value field.

moh6.PNG

As shown above any texts in the Value field needs to be removed, and save your file.

kasssie
Level 1
Level 1
When it comes to convert audio files, it reminds me of a tool that I had ever used. It is DRmare Audio to Audio Converter, which can convert audios with high quality and save them to your local device for using directly. Hope it will help you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: