cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting Single ICS Publisher to Subscriber and adding MCS publisher

bmanion
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ICS 7750 with a single CCM blade. I would like to add as MCS as a new publisher and make the current SPE a subscriber. I know that would be a complete rebuild, but are there any docs anywhere that tells me what I need to do to the ICS to pull this off?

7 Replies 7

PAUL MORALES
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to keep your ICS or in the process of phasing it out with the MCS?

I have to keep it. The blade that is now the publihser will become the subscriber, and the new mcs will be the new publisher.

We are going through this now since the ICS has an EOL on it. We have been reading the following document. Hope this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00801ed10a.html#wp1039986

Thanks for the respnse. That doc does help, but Im still not sure if there are ICS specific things I need to do.

See your point. Since we are also going to have to keep the ICS for a little while, we will still have UNITY running on two SPE's, even after we move the CCM's off of it, we were told to be sure we do not remove the ICS Core software as well as leave the ICS agent software running on the other SPE blades remaining in the box. Other than that, regardless of where our CM's are located (same VLAN of course) their communication will remain the same since we will not be chaning any of information needed by the MRP's. What specifically are you concerned about with the ICS?

Im not worried about anything specific. I just have not hade very much luck with anything I do on the ICS

Tell me about it. I really liked the idea and intial functionallity of the ICS, but after a few upgrades and now moving to 4.0(1) CM, wow what a mistake.

For us we are just going to make sure that the system software for the ICS stays unchanged, this includes the SQL Server running on the primary SPE.

In any event good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: