Replies

Cooperator Directory information need to be displayed on another Cluster's

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Cluster A has CCMs3.3(3), using LDAP A of callmanager

Cluster B has CCMs 4.0(1), using LDAP B of callmanager

The customer requirement is on both clusters' IP Phones, can search other cluster's directory information. Could someone provide me some suggestion?

Regards,

Joe

6 Replies 6

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I have done this in our environment. It is fairly easy. Just find the xmldirectory.asp file on your Call Manager and add a Menuitem to it. Here is what mine looks like. You won't need any type of authentication, just the URL. In this example I change the name "Corporate Directory" to "Balt Corporate Directory" and added "NY Corporate Directory"

%>

<%

function getBaseURL()

{

var scriptName = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME") ;

var endloc = String(scriptName).lastIndexOf("/") ;

var baseURL = "http://" +

String(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")) +

String(scriptName).substr(0, endloc + 1) ;

return baseURL ;

}

try

{

var name = String(Request.QueryString("Name").Item);

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

//Response.Write("\r\nSelect a directory\r\n\r\nBalt Corporate Directory\r\n" + getBaseURL() + "xmldirectoryinput.asp\r\n\r\n");

%>

<% = outputString( dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt, "dictionary.xmldirectoryMsgPagePrompt" ) %>

<% = outputString( dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory, "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %>

<% = getBaseURL() %>xmldirectoryinput.asp

NY Corporate Directory

http://10.10.10.10/CCMCIP/xmldirectoryinput.asp

<%

}

catch (err)

{

Response.Clear();

Response.Write(dictionary.msgGeneralError + " ( "+ name + " )");

Response.AppendToLog(name + ":" + err.number + ":" + err.description);

}

Response.Flush();

%>

Or.... the multidirectory.asp script from the new SDK 334.

MultiDirectory uses the LDAPSearch COM server to query against multiple LDAP

directories and consolidate the response. The primary use of this app would be for LDAP

searches across multiple CallManager clusters or any installation where a single,

consolidated LDAP directory does not exist.

Where do you specifically download the multidirectory.asp script from? I have a CCO account and support contract. Once downloaded, how do you insert it into the CCM cisco webs IPphoneservices file structure. I guess it would replace the xmldirectory.asp file. Is that all you have to repalce is the xmldirectory.asp file with the multidirectory.asp file?

I just used this script last week and all of the 7940/60/70 phones can search the multiple directories fine. Only the model 7935 returns a server not found when trying to perform a name search under the directory service button. Did this happen to you? Any ideas?

Hi, I just placed these edits into my xmldirectory.asp file. I pressed the directories button on my phone and instead of seeing missed calls received calls and corp direct; it prompts for a user id and password. What did I do wrong?

Ok, I solved my own problem here. The script provided above in earlier email works perfectly. What happend was that the file attribute somehow got chnaged to read only which messed upo the file formatting. Once I discovered this and unchecked the read only attribute everything worked perfectly. Problem solved.