Views
Helpful
Replies

Corporate Directory Application for Cisco IP Telephony

moabdallah
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for Corporate Directory application for Cisco CallManager 4.1

where I can search by name, extension number, mobile number, email, department, sub-department

Do you know any application with these features ?

Regards

Mohamed

11 Replies 11

dominiclau
Level 1
Level 1

Would you like to let me know your requirement and time line? I have written up a web application but need some modification! or you can send me an email off-line.

I am looking for three XML application ( Paging system, Corporate Directory, Vocie-Email application)

Time frame: next month

Regards

Mohamed

For the Corporate Directory application, do you mean you just want to have a search input screen on the IP phone, and user will key in any of those fields you specified, and press a predefined softkey, then he/she will get the list of search result (on the Corporate Directory)? Or you want something else?

for example, I want a user to enter the email of person he want to call, then he will get the details ( name, extension number, fax, department, sub-department )

Regards

Mohamed Abdallah

what is the search criteria? is it any of the field you listed? All you need is a couple of xml pages, would you have some development support at your side to look at this? http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/index.htm choose the version of CCM you have and look for the one labelled as "cisco IP phone application services application development notes".

Or, would you like to e-mail me your detailed requirement, and we will do it at a fee?

Regards

Dominic Lau

I mean "Cisco IP phone service application development notes for ..."

Regards

Dominic Lau

I'm looking for a similar function ... I need to search the Corporate Directory based on Department.

My Goal is to create separate directory options, each associated with a specific department (I've done this) and then limit the query to ONLY users in that department (I need help here. :-|

User selects directory button.

(Based on info from xmldirectory.asp...)

User is provided with the following menu:

1. Missed Calls

2. Placed Calls

3. Received Calls

4. Department A

5. Department B

6. Department C

(I've got this far by adding new menu items to the xmldirectory.asp file, and then I tie those to separate xmldirectoryinput.asp files, which I plan to use to limit the query based on dept)

<% = outputString( "Department A", "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %>

<% = getBaseURL() %>A_xmldirectoryinput.asp

<% = outputString( "Department B", "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %>

<% = getBaseURL() %>B_xmldirectoryinput.asp

<% = outputString( "Department C", "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %>

<% = getBaseURL() %>C_xmldirectoryinput.asp

Next when the user selects 4. Department A, they should receive the standard

First Name:

Last Name:

Number:

However, When the user selects "search", I ONLY want them to see directory entries in Department A, and not the entire Corporate Directory. So I need A_xmldirectoryinput.asp to limit the query to Department A, WITHOUT adding a "Department" menu item to the display. If they select Department B, ONLY Department B, etc.

What do I need to add to, or reference in the xmldirectoryinput.asp to restrict the search to a specific department?

Also - Would any changes, additions, etc. be required in the xmldirectorylist.asp file?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!! :)

Joe

My apology, as I did mine on a LDAP server rather than the Corporate Directory that comes with the CCM, and probably with a different directory structure we use.

But for your case, there seems to be a work around, you can try the following.

First, you need to use the "AddReturnAttr(...)" method to add the "department" attribute, pls refer to the LDAPSearch Programming Guide.

Second, you can refer to the multidirectory.asp file that comes with the IP Phone Services SDK. In this file, the author is checking the validity on Telephone number of each search result entry before adding the entry for output. By the same token you can validate on the department name.

Let me know if this works.

HTH

Hi Dominic,

I am able to successfully pull the departmentNumber info out of DC Directory now, though I get a parse error on the phone when I try to add it as an additional field to the .

I know that this is because the only extensions defined in the schema are for "Telephone" and "Name" ... so how can I display data that is not defined in the schema?

Is this what you are referring to by using the AddReturnAttr(...) method?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Alan

Other experts might have a better way in doing this, but here is what I see for now

1. you can put all the information in a graphic just like what the SDK sample did in photodirectory.jsp, or

2. find a way to change the schema file, not sure if Cisco support this though, or has anyone done it, and you will need to find the proper procedure to do this.

HTH

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the Citrix Application Gateway for this. It's a great product for the Express Directory itself. You can customize and pull any LDAP to it's 1U box, then it pushes it out via XML to the 79xx phones. You can also sync multiple LDAP sources into one or multiple XML directories.

Highly recommended.