Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crackling Sound in Headphones During Calls

Hi There,

I'm using Cisco IP Communicator 2.0.2.0 with my Logitech H340 USB Headset. The headset's audio and mic work perfectly when testing in Cisco. Also when I receive a call, everything works perfectly and it is a seamless experience. However, when I'm calling someone, I hear a crackling noise (very annoying) in the audio. Nevertheless, the person I am speaking to can hear me. I'm using Lenovo Thinkpad T490. Please help. I even tried cleaning my headphones by following the instructions given here: https://headphonesproreview.com/how-to-clean-headphones/ However, nothing seems to work.

2 Replies 2

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Have you checked the call statistics during an outbound call to see if there are any concerns/issues?  If you pull a packet capture and listen to the RTP do you hear the crackling? 

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

sudaggar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Have you tried replacing the headset?
Are you getting this issue for all outbound calls?
Are you experiencing this issue with outbound internal or outbound external calls?

If you are experiencing this issue with outbound external calls:
collect packet captures from your laptop and terminating voice gateway (from which call is going out to PSTN) simultaneously. Also collect CUCM traces for this call to check if there is any media resource got allocated.

Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: