cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRM VOIP Integration

aim2xlaim2xl
Level 1
Level 1

I have been volunteered (never take a day off work) to research a project possibility study for the company. The basics are.

We have clients in six or so countries around the world that call a centralised support desk in one country. My questions.

1, We currently use Wounderdesk to log client service desk calls. However, the company is migrating to Microsoft CRM 2003 & management would like to have a Cisco IPFX (existing) or if needs be another VOIP Skype type of incoming call system that pre-populates the fields in CRM? Is this possible?

& The Company would like to have one service desk number in each country that then routes through to the service desk, avoiding the cost of long distance phone call cost to the client base! Where would I find information on this type of project?

Anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks for any and all input, I really appreciate it!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

for question 2, you can buy service from an ITSP like voxbone.com that provides local numbers in any country. The calls are routed to your office with the SIP protocol.

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option to connect your CRM with IP communications is the CRM Communications Connector which works with Callmanager, Callmanager Express, and IPCC Express. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7274/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00805658a9.html

The call routing functionality you're describing is called Toll Bypass and can definitely be accomplished with Callmanager or Callmanager Express.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

dperfett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

since you mentioned skype and also to reply to your second question, you can now use specific skype services, like skype-in and skype me (a free call directly to your web site), through a skype gateway.

check more details here:

http://www.stonevoice.com/Products/IPSkypeGateway/tabid/989/Default.aspx

rgds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: