Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuq01662 - Audio over HDMI - 1

I am unable to play over HDMI on my DX80. I don't know if this a firmware related issue. Can someone advice on how we can fix this issue.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As you've already found the enhancement request to support audio on the DX80 HDMI output (CSCuq01662), suggest you contact your Cisco Account Manager.  The more people that request it, the greater chance of them adding support for it.  If it was a hardware issue and something that couldn't be implemented, they'd state that, instead of having an enhancement request for it.

This feature seems to be unavailable on DX80 because it never worked for me also ever since I started using my DX80.

May I know the timeline for this to be implemented if possible.

It's unlikely that you'll get anyone posting a timeframe for a software release (or any other possibly sensitive roadmap type information) in a public forum such as this.  Your best bet is to keep an eye on the Bug ID provided and wait for something to appear in the "Known Fixed Releases" section.

If it's a hardware fault - and hence the low priority (6) of the issue - it may not be fixed until the new hardware version is released.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

David Anstee
Level 4
Level 4

This is such an oversight from Cisco, how can you not carry audio over the HDMI for a system that was specifically designed to act as a monitor/display?