cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE High Availability w/ SIP-TLS & SRTP

Daniel Lucas
Level 1
Level 1

Does CUBE High Availability (via Redundancy Group Infrastructure Protocol) work with SIP-TLS/SRTP? I have a situation in which we need to encrypt the RTP stream between our CUBEs and the SIP carrier. We would like to deploy the CUBEs in an HA pair for redundancy, but I can find any documentation saying if HA is support when doing SIP-TLS & SRTP.

Platform is a 4431 ISR.

-Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The below PPT from Cisco Live explains some of this more confusing stuff not updated in the documents -
https://cisco.app.box.com/v/cube/file/28807515776

SRTP-SRTP is partially supported. SRTP passthrough is completely supported where packets just pass through without any encryption/de-cryption.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Thank you for the response,

So any active SRTP streams terminating on the CUBE would be dropped during a failover event?

-Thanks

The below PPT from Cisco Live explains some of this more confusing stuff not updated in the documents -
https://cisco.app.box.com/v/cube/file/28807515776

SRTP-SRTP is partially supported. SRTP passthrough is completely supported where packets just pass through without any encryption/de-cryption.

Thanks for the info,

Seems Cisco documentation isn't consistent on this - in the first document link you shared it clearly states that SRTP-Passthrough, and RTP-SRTP isn't supported:

Capture.PNG

Perhaps someone at Cisco can lab this up, and write a how-to document :)

The previous document is not updated. The one I shared later is from a Cisco Live event by the TME himself. So, you can take that as a more accurate documentation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: