Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE SIP DTMF Troubleshooting

jrdiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts!

Good day. Would like to ask what debug should I used to know if the cube was able to received any DTMF. I already used debug voip rtp session named event but no logs was displayed. Also is it possible to change the incoming payload type on the outgoing dial-peer?

Thank you so much in advance!

JP

7 Replies 7

Which DTMF type is configured on your SIP dial-peers? rtp-nte, sip-notify, sip-kpml?

Hi,

rtp-nte was configured on the dial-peer.

thanks,

JP

With rtp-nte, that debug should have shown the DTMF as it flowed through. I don't have a good answer for that.

As for altering payload types, it absolutely can be done. You haven't provided your config so I can't make specific suggestions, but this document may help:

CUBE Configuration Guide: Dynamic Payload Type Interworking for DTMF and Codec Packets for SIP-to-SIP Calls

Maren

It's possible rtp-nte wasn't even negotiated. To see the DTMF negotiated for the call, you can use show call active voice | in PeerAddr|Dtmf

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
When you say "change the payload type", do you actually mean the PT header of the RTP packet?

E.g., RTP PT 101 to 100

Or do you mean change the DTMF method?

E.g., rtp-nte to sip-kpml

Either is possible, and in fact Maren already shared a link on how to do the former. The latter is done automatically by CUBE as a part of its DTMF interworking capabilities.

Hi Anthony!

Yes we would like to  change PT header of the RTP packet. For the current setup we were receiving 116 Payload from our SIP Provider but we were not able to change this Payload type to 101 using rtp payload-type nte 101 to the command on the outgoing dial-peer. Is transcoder needed?

Thank you so much!

JP

The topic of asymmetric payload types has been discussed pretty well here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cube-asymmetric-dtmf-inter-working/td-p/2905935

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: