Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE SIP REFER with Telco

I have a customer that has two datacenters.  They want a SIP trunk into each datacenter from the same telco.  They want to be able to use the SIP Refer feature on a CUBE to redirect a call coming into one datacenter back to the telco and over to the second datacenter CUBE should there be a failure or full circuit.  My question is does CUBE support this?  No UCM is involved.  The CUBEs are connected to third party PBX.

2 Replies 2

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Yes this is possible , you can configure in the global level or a specific dial-peer, but pls chk the prerequisites:

• To enable the Dynamic REFER Handling on the Cisco UBE feature, you must have Cisco IOS Release 15.2(1)T or a later release installed and running on your Cisco gateway.

• Transcoding configuration is required on the Cisco UBE for midcall transcoder insertion, deletion, or modification during call transfers. 

refer the below link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_sip/configuration/15-2mt/voi-cub-sip-dyn-refer-handling.html#GUID-2CA58270-E894-44E0-BF95-D891BC07D596

Hi Murali,

I have a query on SIP Reffer,

Is SIP REFER Transfer depends on Telco side, different carrier has different config on CUBE side?

i am planing to configure SIP REFER in one CUBE which has both incoming and outgoing traffic.

Thank you

Paddy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: